You can buy a print or a download copy right here at Lulu.com: Love Has Fangs
Why should you buy it?
1. Support 1:6 storytelling!
2. It's better than the online version. See below!
Being undead is the least of Anneka Richardson's problems. There's her 140-year-old boyfriend, Will, who borrows her makeup, the weirdo customers she encounters at her bookstore job and, to top it off, her beloved grandmother's slow death by Alzheimer's.
The first season of Elizabeth A. Allen's online comic Love Has Fangs finally appears in book form. It's all here -- the vampires, the melodrama and the pink hair -- in your favorite doll soap opera with bite.
This collection gathers together all episodes of Love Has Fangs: Season 1 as you've never seen them before. This is the new, improved version, better than what you've read online.
Episodes reshot for consistency
Tighter editing for better story flow
High-quality photos, better than those online, for fine-grained detail
Thanks for the comments, mouse clicks and patronage over the years!
Then she made a note about 4.8, Gaudeamus Igitur, on March 10th, saying:
4.8 Gaudeamus Igitur
That we all have these stories inside us are why books like The Graveyard Book do so well. We don't just love vampires and ghosts.
We are and we carry within us vampires and ghosts.
D7ana and I have been talking about the magnifying glass "lazy lenses." On March 10th, she posted about her own experiments with magnifying glasses, but she started off addressing her entry to me:
An aside here, but your aged your grandmother figure is admirable. I would guess you used wax and paint to convey her chapped lips and weathered skin? Excellent job. Gives a genuine, aged look without making old, caricature.
Thanks, guys. 4.8 has been extremely well-received by all readers.
As measured by sheer volume of comments, my most popular eps are:
- Meanwhile 7: When Zombies Attack! (16)
- Meanwhile 8: Zombie in the Diner!! (12)
- Meanwhile 9: Zombie in the Library (12)
- 4.5: My Sorry Relationship I (12)
- 4.6: Gift of Sunsets (12)
- Meanwhile 3: Yummy Summer (11)
- 3.9: The Revenant (10)
- Meanwhile 13: Materyllis' Pesky Pussy (10)
- 1.1: Domestic Vampires (9)
- Meanwhile 4: The Vampire FAQ (9)
- Dead Girl's Diary 1: Irredeemable Mind (9)
- Zinnia Pascale [directly responsible for the success of Meanwhiles 7, 8 and 9, as well as 3.9] is the most popular character I have ever created. There's just something about a crochety, ass-kicking Fruits zombie....
- Light, humorous interstitials inevitably garner the most positive response.
- That said, the popularity of Irredeemable Mind and Gift of Sunsets shows that a majority of the audience appreciates introspective, emotionally charged eps full of character development.
- Most of the most popular eps are from recent seasons, suggesting that the dolls are much more liked than the 3-D models and also that LHF is gaining readers as it goes.
sailorzeo is now on my list of known readers, which also includes damsel_ophelia, dollsahoy, batchix, freak42 and stevie_stever! That makes 6. Hooray!
Remember -- you can add LHF to your friends list by following its feed here: http://syndicated.livejournal.com/
I started off with 12 subscribers [from a previous iteration of LHF], and now I'm up to 15. Perhaps some of my known readers are subscribing...
Incidentally, sailorzeo gave me a friendly shout-out in her blog today, in which she admits, "I'm fairly excited to see what new stories she'll be telling." I'm excited too!
And, just so I don't lose it, here's my open ticket requesting an update to the LJ feed for LHF.
1. I link to updates from here, the Blog of Stench.
2. I link to updates on my Deviant Art account.
3. I post links in the Digital Dolls section of Men With Dolls.
4. I signed up for transcription services with ohnorobot.com, but I can't figure it out.
1. Get someone with a paid account to make an LJ RSS feed for LHF.
2. Announce new eps in Commons on Daz boards.
3. Tell Burlington Doll Club.
So far I have 4 known readers:
updates at Daz boards
upload to Renderosity
Deviant Art account and updates there
announce at Men With Dolls :p
Vampires do it in cold blood T-shirts
transcripts at ohnorobot.com
ads on other Web comics [hmmmmm...]
those goddamned comics rating sites
get interviewed for Web sites
tables at Arisia and Anime Boston [scary!]
I did, however, save the disproportionate body. I decided that it would be perfect for a male character who uses a wheelchair. [Thus his arms would be bulked up from wheeling the chair, while his paralyzed legs would be slender.] Since I have a male character that I want to embody, Max, I decided that Anneka's dad would get the body I Frankensteined two nights ago. Since I painted his face last night, I just need to give him hair before he can break his invisibility and appear on camera. [Hey Max...stop hiding in the bathroom and flushing your pills!!]
Oh yeah...and I need to get Max a wheelchair. Fortunately he's narrow enough to fit in a Barbie wheelchair...
Note to self: Make a banner for trade with Action Figure Diary. [If you haven't seen it, go read it. It contains 1:6 action figures in silly escapades, along with their human owners. Gentle and witty, with great character development.]
Also sign up for ohnorobot.com, not only for publicity, but also for easy storage of transcriptions.
Last night I developed two LHF T-shirts. My unofficial survey of two people reveals that they look pretty good! :D
Design 1 just shows the comic's URL.
Design 2, which I'm really proud of, says "Vampires do it in cold blood," then the URL below.
If you spend over $20.00 [hint: black shirts are $21.00] in the next week, you can use the following coupon code for $5.00 off: MOTIFMETHOD. [Coupon code expires June 11.] So spread the LHF love...affordably!
We now have our very own LJ feed for easy addition to your friends list. Go here and add meeeeee!
Since I just created it, entries may take a while to appear. But there is a special bonus ep up, so you can always go to http://www.lovehasfangs.com and see it.
EDIT: As of 2:00 PM, 7 people have added the LHF feed to their friends lists. Be one of the cool crowd! Add it!
EDIT: As of 3:00 PM, it's up to 12!
Check out Vignette 1, in which our charming protagonists square off in a game of Who Has The Most Dysfunctional Life?
Don't forget to gimme some love and leave a comment [over on Love Has Fangs, not here].
Oh yeah...and tell your friends. This comic has got something for everyone [well, mostly everyone]. If you're a fantasy lover, it's got vampires and ghosts. If you're a sci-fi lover, it's got mad scientists and cyborgs. If you're a doll lover or action figure freak, you can watch me try to pose my characters realistically. If you're a photographer, you can criticize my simple sets and painfully amateur photoing techniques. If you're a lover of drama, I've got more storylines going here than an average hour-long show on the WB. And if you're a writer, hey...it's not that badly written either.
Note to all you BJD lovers: I'm gonna suck you in too...just you wait... Stay tuned for the drama with the creepy vampire-killing character... Heh heh heh! Then I can legitimately
P.S. Please leave a comment on the Love Has Fangs site!
P.P.S. Watch for T-shirts.